Benefits of Dental Implants – Allen, TX
A Worthwhile Investment for a Healthier Smile
At The Dental Den of Allen, you can trust that Dr. Ward and her team will provide honesty and transparency when discussing the best way to replace your missing teeth. While more traditional alternatives are available, the benefits of dental implants will likely capture your attention and have you wondering if you’re a qualified candidate. Whether it is the ability to restore your tooth’s structure from the root up or the lifespan of your dental implants that keep you intrigued, you’ll quickly learn why this method of tooth replacement is becoming increasingly popular among patients and dentists. If you’re interested in learning more about dental implants or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ward, contact our office today.
Alternative Tooth Replacement Solutions
The process of receiving dental implants does require surgical placement. However, even for individuals who would prefer to avoid an invasive procedure, the benefits often far outweigh that one necessary piece of the puzzle. But if you are set on a more affordable, non-surgical option, there is always the choice between a fixed bridge or traditional dentures.
Using your natural teeth as anchors, our team can place a fixed bridge using fused dental crowns that will fill in the gap left behind by multiple missing teeth. After preparing these healthy teeth by filing them down, Dr. Ward will take impressions of your arch and sent it off to a dental lab where technicians will begin to create your restoration. When ready, we will position it over your anchor teeth, allowing the remainder of the bridge to rest on your gums.
If you are faced with an entire row of missing teeth, we can also recommend traditional dentures to restore your smile. Using artificial teeth and a gum-colored, acrylic base, the materials will be molded to fit either your upper or lower arch. Your natural suction will hold it in place, although, you may choose to use a small amount of dental adhesive for additional security.
Benefits of Dental Implants
As you can see, a fixed bridge and traditional dentures only replace the look of your smile. While they are tried and true solutions that will help you to feel more confident in your ability to eat, chew, and speak, you will discover that dental implants offer much more, such as:
- A lifespan that lasts decades or longer. While your restoration (i.e. crown, bridge, or denture), will likely need to be replaced over time, the implant posts can actually remain in place for a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- An easier to clean and maintain option. You only need your toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, and mouthwash to keep your dental implants clean of debris.
- A more aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking smile. The materials used to create your restorations will look and feel completely natural, allowing them to blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- A more even bite force and ability to chew and speak. While wearing dental implants, you’ll never need to worry about accidental slippage or your restorations falling out. Instead, because of their surgical placement, you will have an evenly distributed bite force and greater functionality when eating, chewing, and speaking.
- Better oral health. Because your implants are designed to look like a tooth root, once they are placed into the jawbone, the implant continues to provide the stimulation the bone needs to keep from deteriorating.