Dental Crowns – Allen, TX
Preserving Your Natural Pearly Whites With High-Quality Crowns
Some patients are discouraged when they hear that they need a dental crown, but even if you maintain good oral health, accidents can happen that leave your tooth damaged or broken. At The Dental Den of Allen, we craft customized crowns that can be used to solve a variety of dental issues. Not only can they restore the shape, structure, and size of your damaged tooth, but they can also help preserve it so you can continue to enjoy it for the rest of your life.
Why Choose The Dental Den of Allen For Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Dental Materials
- Natural-Looking, Customized Restorations
- Convenient Appointment Hours
What is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns can be made from a variety of materials; however, many patients opt to have theirs crafted from natural-looking, customizable ceramic or porcelain so they will blend in with their surrounding teeth. They are made to fit over the biting surface of teeth to restore them so you can continue using them as you normally would. Once they’re placed, you won’t have to experience sensitivity or discomfort any longer while eating or speaking. After they’re made, they’re permanently cemented to damaged teeth to provide them with added protection, and they can last for over a decade with the proper maintenance.
Why Do You Need a Dental Crown?
Patients are often surprised to find out how versatile dental crowns are. They can help solve a variety of dental situations, including some of the following:
- Severe dental decay that requires a large filling that needs additional reinforcement and protection.
- Forced trauma that leaves a tooth severely broken or cracked.
- After a tooth infection is treated with root canal therapy, it’s topped with a crown for added protection and strength, so you can continue to use it as you normally would.
- Fixed bridges can replace consecutive missing teeth by being anchored to surrounding teeth with two dental crowns.
The Process of Getting a Crown
When you visit our office to get a dental crown, the process typically takes place over the course of two appointments and can be broken down into the following steps:
- Preparing your natural tooth to receive the crown by removing a small outer-layer to accommodate the width of the crown.
- Taking an impression of your prepared tooth to send to the dental laboratory to craft your permanent crown.
- Applying a temporary restoration to protect your prepared tooth.
- Cementing your permanent crown to your prepared tooth after it arrives to our office.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about dental crowns in Allen, don’t hesitate to contact our office! Our team is more than happy to help.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help View Our Services